Monday, March 29, 2010

Togo Shader Update


I realized that I haven't posted any progress on Togo in a while. I finally have a specular map on him now. It's a very subtle effect but makes a tremendous difference to the overall appearance. I almost made some tweaks to the anatomy. The feet were a little too boxy. And eye sockets never felt right either. So I shifted those verts around.

I started to model a fishing rod and backpack for him. The thought was that he would hang out in swamps and go "fishing" for humans. He would put money, jewelry, and baby toys on the hook as bait catch people. Although I still am quite fond of that idea, it visually changes his whole character. So I'm going back to my original idea, which was more of a Charles Manson/Batman villain. A psychopath with a knife, that just so happens to be 10% amphibian. It grounds him a little more in reality this way. The fishing rod was a little silly and made him feel more like a "creature" and less a "character." He's certainly not something that I could want to run into in a swamp.

No comments:

Post a Comment