Monday, October 12, 2009

Togo: Texture Progress

I've been jumping back and forth between Mad Mario and this character Togo ( you can view the WIP thread here: http://www.3dnation.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=933&st=0&sk=t&sd=a)

I've been wanting to finish this character lately because he's completely different from Mario. Highly detailed, larger texture size. Plus I've been working on him for almost a year now. I'm trying to kick myself in the butt to finish a bunch of Zbrush work to submit to the Pixologic Turntable contest.



I've literally textured this character 6 times now. Each time it gets a little closer to what I envision. Right now this is the base human flesh layer of skin. From here I will make it 10% froggy. Since he's a mutant mix between human and frog, and all frogs are poisonous, I thought it would be interesting if this hurt him. Constantly in pain from a poison in his own skin. Like he can never adapt to it. And it slowly drives him crazy.

Texture wise I want the viewer to feel that pain with being disgusted. Your first feeling should be, "Ouch, he must be in excruciating pain!"

I'm not in that phase yet with this image, but hopefully you'll see some progression this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment